Are you looking for a work experience placement with Slee Blackwell Solicitors LLP?
Slee Blackwell Solicitors offer work experience placement opportunities for students aged 18 and over at our offices in North Devon and at Taunton in Somerset.
Many of our current lawyers undertook work experience with us before embarking on their legal careers, including our work experience coordinator, Megan Huntington. A placement provides an excellent opportunity to see at first-hand what life is like in a busy solicitor’s office, and help you decide whether it is the profession for you.
Placements usually run for up to five days. During the course of your placement, you will shadow fee-earners and may get the opportunity of undertaking straightforward administrative tasks or carrying out legal research.
Places are very limited, so successful applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in becoming a lawyer.
Make your application by sending your CV together with a covering letter explaining why you particularly wish to undertake work experience at Slee Blackwell Solicitors to our placement coordinator Megan Huntington at [email protected]
Please state in your application which of our offices you would wish to be considered for, the areas of law you are interested in and your availability dates. While we do our best to meet applicant’s preferences, the availably of places within each office/department does vary.
Please note that:
- Students will be asked to sign a confidentiality and data protection agreement upon commencing a work experience placement.
- Students are expected to work normal office hours, 9am to 5.15pm.
- Placements do not equate to qualifying work experience for the purposes of the SQE.
- Placements are not remunerated, and we do not pay expenses.
- Regrettably we are unable to offer work experience placements to students under the age of 18.