Can I make a continuing healthcare claim? Find out if you are entitled to funding by completing our special questionnaire.
In order to review the merits of your NHS continuing healthcare claim we have devised two special questionnaires.
Before answering the questions please consider whether you wish to claim for ongoing healthcare funding or whether you are making a retrospective claim for care home fees paid by a patient who has passed away. If it is a claim for ongoing funding, please answer the first set of questions in Questionnaire 1. If it is a retrospective claim then please answer Questionnaire 2.
When you have completed the questionnaire then email your answers to us we will assess your case completely free of charge. We will tell you if we think the claim has good prospects of success and will let you know what funding options are available, including No Win, No Fee.
Questionnaire 1: Claims for ongoing healthcare costs
- What is the name of the patient who is receiving healthcare for which continuing healthcare funding is claimed?
- What is the relationship between the patient and yourself?
- Does the patient have mental capacity?
- If not, do they have dementia or Alzheimer’s?
- Does the patient have a rapidly deteriorating condition, such as MS or Parkinson’s Disease?
- Does the patient have ongoing care needs due to a disability, accident or illness? If so, please provide details of the patient’s circumstances.
- Does the patient have a Lasting Power of Attorney in place?
- If so, does this relate to their Property and Financial Affairs and/or Health and Welfare and is the Lasting Power(s) of Attorney is registered?
- Does the patient require care for treatment, control, management or prevention of disease, illness, injury or disability?
- Is the patient currently residing in a care home and is their care currently being paid for on a private basis? If so, how much is being paid?
- Has an application been made by (or on behalf of) the patient for continuing healthcare funding or NHS-funded nursing care previously?
- If it has, when was the application made and what was the outcome?
- Have the needs of the patient increased since the previous NHS continuing healthcare funding application?
Questionnaire 2: Retrospective claims for the refund of costs paid by a patient who has passed away
- What is the name of the deceased patient who received healthcare for which continuing healthcare funding is claimed?
- What is the relationship between the deceased patient and yourself?
- Are you the executor or administrator of their estate? If not, who is?
- When did the patient first move into a care home?
- What period does the retrospective claim cover?
- Has a retrospective continuing healthcare claim been made previously? If so, please confirm whether the decision to refuse NHS continuing healthcare funding was made at Local Resolution Level or under independent review at NHS England?
- Please also confirm what reasons were given for the continuing healthcare funding claim being declined.
- Are you able to provide copy documentation from the Clinical Commissioning Group regarding the previous NHS continuing healthcare funding application for the patient?