Can I make a Continuing Healthcare claim? Find out if you are entitled to a refund by completing our special questionnaire.
In order to review the merits of your Continuing Healthcare claim we have devised a special questionnaire. If you complete the questionnaire and email it back to us we will assess your case completely free of charge.
We will tell you if we think the claim has good prospects of success and will let you know what funding options are available.
The Slee Blackwell Continuing Healthcare Claim Questionnaire
To enable us to consider the question, ‘Can I make a Continuing Healthcare claim?’ please complete this questionnaire.
Before answering the questions please consider whether it is a claim for ongoing Continuing Healthcare Funding or does it relate to a retrospective claim for past care to a patient who is now deceased? If it is a claim for ongoing funding, please answer questions 1 to 13. If it is a retrospective claim answer questions 14 to 21:
- What is the name of the patient who is receiving healthcare for which Continuing Healthcare funding is claimed?
- What is the relationship between the patient and yourself?
- Does the patient have mental capacity?
- If not, do they have dementia or Alzheimer’s?
- Does the patient have a rapidly deteriorating condition, such as MS or Parkinson’s Disease?
- Does the patient have ongoing care needs due to a disability, accident or illness? If so, please provide details of the patient’s circumstances.
- Does the patient have a Lasting Power of Attorney in place?
- If so, does this relate to their Property and Financial Affairs and/or Health and Welfare and is the Lasting Power(s) of Attorney is registered?
- Does the patient require care for treatment, control, management or prevention of disease, illness, injury or disability?
- Is the patient currently residing in a care home and is their care currently being paid for on a private basis? If so, how much is being paid?
- Has an application been made by (or on behalf of) the patient for Continuing Healthcare Funding or NHS-funded nursing care previously?
- If it has, when was the application made and what was the outcome?
- Have the needs of the patient increased since the previous NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding application?
- What is the name of the deceased patient who received healthcare for which Continuing Healthcare funding is claimed?
- What is the relationship between the deceased patient and yourself?
- Are you the executor or administrator of their estate? If not, who is?
- When did the patient first move into a care home?
- What period does the retrospective claim cover?
- Has a retrospective Continuing Healthcare claim been made previously? If so, please confirm whether the decision to refuse NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding was made at Local Resolution Level or under independent review at NHS England?
- Please also confirm what reasons were given for the Continuing Healthcare Funding claim being declined.
- Are you able to provide copy documentation from the Clinical Commissioning Group regarding the previous NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding application for the patient?
When you have completed the questionnaire send your answers to us at [email protected] and we will be able to consider your question, ‘Can I make a Continuing Healthcare claim?’