Can I take my child abroad?

Home / Family and Childcare Law  / Can I take my child abroad?

For a free case assessment call 0808 139 1606 click to call or email us

Our team of children law solicitors are often asked, ‘Can I take my child abroad?’

If you are planning to relocate to another country with a child, our specialist ‘children law’ solicitors are able to provide a personal, cost-effective service throughout Devon, Somerset and Cornwall.  Our team of lawyers is highly experienced in this area of law and we are accredited members of the Law Society’s Children Panel.

We represent parents who are planning to move abroad with their children for a range of reasons.  Particular care needs to be taken in circumstances where both parents cannot agree about whether the move abroad is right for their child.  The law in this area is complex and without expert legal advice being taken, parents can fall foul of both the civil and criminal law.  Our child law team are here to help you.

In the absence of agreement between the parents, the permission of the court for a child to move abroad will be required. We can guide you through the key issues the court will wish to examine.  We can provide an early, clear outline of the steps you will need to take, the legal process, the likely timescale and the probable cost. We always aim to be clear about the costs implications and to provide our services in the most cost-effective way.

If you are looking for a specialist solicitor to answer your question, ‘Can I take my child abroad?’ then we are here to help. The earlier you take legal advice, the better, so you are aware of what will be required before your plans become more urgent.  You can call us for a preliminary chat on a free of charge basis, Phone 01271 349955 or send an email to [email protected]