Caroline Webber has joined Slee Blackwell’s expanding clinical negligence team
Caroline is an experienced lawyer who has specialised solely in clinical negligence law for more than 12 years. She has a strong focus on high value cases, especially those involving catastrophic injuries. Her extensive clinical negligence expertise includes:
- Misdiagnosis/mismanagement of gynaecological/urological/colorectal conditions;
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer;
- Delayed diagnosis of sepsis;
- Delayed diagnosis of bowel perforation;
- Brain injuries;
- Birth injuries;
- Orthopaedic injuries;
- Surgical errors;
- cosmetic surgery negligence; and
- GP negligence.
Head of department Oliver Thorne believes that Caroline will significantly strengthen his growing team. He highlights her caring and understanding approach to the way she deals with cases and her commitment to providing excellent client care. She always ensures that her clients are kept fully informed throughout the claims process while making it as stress free as possible for them.
Caroline obtains compensation and rehabilitation for her clients promptly, and works with case managers, rehabilitation specialists and independent financial advisers to ensure support and advice is provided both during and after a case. This includes obtaining interim compensation payments to ensure rehabilitation is available as soon as possible.
Her highlights include:
- Securing an award of £4 million for a man who suffered blindness following the failure to diagnosis hydrocephalus.
- Obtaining compensation of more than £500,000 for a client who suffered injury during spinal surgery.
- Recovering in excess of £300,000 each for three women who suffered birth injuries.
- A settlement in excess of £250,000 for a failure to diagnosis a bowel perforation .
- An award of over £180,000 for a man who suffered nerve damage during an ankle replacement procedure due to incorrect placement of the screws.
Caroline is currently engaged in litigation regarding laparoscopic rectopexy mesh (LVMR) procedures and TVT/TOT mesh.